2022-2023 FCCLA THEME, CALIFORNIA FCCLA STATE OFFICER GOALS, AND CALIFORNIA FCCLA STATE PROJECT GOALS
The National theme incredible recognizes and celebrates our members’ accomplishments through FCCLA. This theme highlights the many opportunities that FCCLA offers, embraces experiences, and builds self-esteem. We can’t wait to see what makes our California members incredible!
This year, California’s delegation decided to expand on National’s idea further. The 2022-2023 California FCCLA theme is incredible leaders. This will encourage the number of people running for a leadership position, whether at the Chapter, Region, State, or even National level. The 2022–2023 State Officers are challenging members to reach the following goals this year:
- Membership – make membership incredible by encouraging all chapters to opt into the100% affiliation options to increase our membership as we attempt to reach our membership goal of 20,000 members.
- Leadership – make leadership incredible by having a minimum of 2 students per chapter run for Region Office and two students per region run for State Office.
- Engagement – make engagement incredible by getting members more involved than ever. California hopes to double the number of STAR event competitors at the 2023 State Leadership Conference.
- Outreach – make outreach incredible by promoting FCCLA through positive experiences. Go out and beautify your neighborhood through community service, fundraise for your chapter, and participate in National Programs. Share and repost all accomplishments at the chapter and region levels through every social media platform.
2022–2024 STATE PROJECT GOALS
State Project Goals are selected every two years by the FCCLA State Officers and reflect current issues in societies and communities. They provide an area of emphasis for planning a chapter’s annual program of work and activities.
- FACTS – Families Acting for Community Traffic Safety (FACTS) gives members the information and incentives they need to build an understanding of what it means to drive safely, both today and in the future. Through their projects, members work to educate adults and peers about traffic safety and support enforcing local rules and regulations. FCCLA members are given the tools to help families promote basic safety attitudes that can last a lifetime. For more information about FACTS, please visit: https://fcclainc.org/sites/default/files/FACTS%20Info%20Sheet%202020.pdf
- Community Service – The Community Service program guides members in identifying local concerns and carry out projects to improve the quality of life in their communities. Through their projects, members experience character development and improve their critical and creative thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation. In addition, FCCLA members learn more about themselves, others, and the world to make a difference now and in the future. To find out more about the Community Service program, please visit:
- Career Connection – Career Connection helps members learn more about themselves, the workplace, and careers on their path to future success. In addition, the projects that members conduct around Career Connection units will give them the confidence to face the thousands of overwhelming options that come with future career decisions. For more details about Career Connections, please visit the National FCCLA website: